A totally unique gift for the motorcyclist in your life, or maybe for one of your buddies.
Did you know … manufacturers recommend that a helmet should only be used for between 3 and 5 years, depending on how often it’s used. And if it’s been dropped or experienced any other impact, it should be replaced immediately.
There are many factors that compromise the safety of a helmet:
- Time – the natural aging process means the materials used to construct the helmet break down over time
- Petrol fumes – we see lots of bikers resting their lids on the tank of their bikes when they’re parked up – petrol fumes, even in small traces, will break down the bonding of the materials used in the helmet
- Manufacturer defects – was it up to the job when it left the factory? How do you know for sure?
- Grooming products – hair products, beard products, etc. They all accelerate the aging process of a helmet
- Sweat – yep, even sweat
- Excessive heat – perhaps that helmet often gets left in a hot vehicle
- Excessive sunlight – UV rays from the sun also speed up the aging process
- Drops – even low energy impacts, such as a drop from the handlebars, can render a helmet ineffective
Our helmet safety inspection service provides peace of mind for the biker, their passenger, their families, and their friends.
We carry out a multi-point scan with our laser instruments, covering all areas of the outer shell of the helmet. Our laser identifies any defects on the helmet. Defects that may be invisible to the human eye, and defects that may reduce the effectiveness of the helmet.
Valid for 12 months from date of purchase.